Support Services for Youth Friendly Pharmacies
What support does PhRESH provide in order to help me be a successful member of this network?
Short answer: A lot!
We want to make it as easy on pharmacies as possible to feel comfortable in their abilities to provide this service to their community as well as provide all the infrastructure support that we can. This includes:
- Partnering with the WSPA to provide CE to train pharmacists how to both prescribe emergency contraception and how to provide a safe and welcoming environment for this potentially sensitive patient population.
- Provide template CDTAs
- Provider referrals willing to form partnerships with our in-network pharmacists to provide these services to their community.
- Providing window decals to identify the pharmacy as part of the ‘Youth Friendly Pharmacy’ network. We can even work with you to customize your decals to incorporate your pharmacy’s name or logo!
- Provide confidentiality cards that prospective patients can tear off or bring in order to initiate service in a discreet manner.
- Provide an educational handout to help train ancillary staff.
- Provide instruction cards to give to patients instructing them how to suppress the mailing of their Explanation of Benefits (EOB).
- And more!
If there are other support services that your pharmacy needs, PhRESH wants to help you. So all you have to do is ask!